Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Appaling viewing for weeks!

Specman

Hi all,

My last viewing session was 31st May! :) It been appaling conditions most every night. I missed the meteors :hello2: and was even more disappointed that some bloke down the road "Had a fine view" after I wrote the night off. The clouds cleared in my sleep!

All I have had for the last two and a half months is half an hour looking at the sun, which was fun but not quite the same.

Still the winters coming and hopefully clear skies. :hello2: Living near the coast is a big problem in the summer months for cloud and good seeing. I've not even had a peep at Jupiter yet! :)

Still, I enjoy the forum and looking at all your great pics.

Clear Skies Everybody!

Mark

Its soo frustrating at the moment. I have my newish scope sat not being put to good use because of all this damn cloud.

Im itching to get my first look at Jupiter and Andromeda, still as you say winter is coming around which means Orion will be up soon - yay.

Yup - thats why the best tool for this lark is patience. Imagine the frustration at SSP for me. No viewing for weeks on end, finally get to SSP and the sky is clear as a bell and super dark. Super - well it would have been if the mount hadnt broken down.:)

After that it was cloudy or dew laden for the remianing nights I was there and there were moments when I thought of stuffing all the scopes in the skip and giving up.:)

Those are passing moments, weak moments even when I feel that God himself is taunting me - patience and stability returns after a time.:hello2:

Thank God at least for SGL which is never rained off and always sunny side up.:hello2:

Ive had the same up here in the North East, 2 nights in around 5 weeks!, its been murder!..mind you, ive have been getting my daily (nightly) fix of astronomy by watching live feeds from the (NSN) website, they have loads of members who broadcast a live feed of nightly targets, the images are unbelievably good infact mindblowing is the term everyone from SGL who has already been on there use, it really is awsome viewing!.

Ive just signed up myself a few days ago (its free and literally takes five minutes from start to finish and be broadcasting live!).

I did my first broadcast on tuesday and it was great fun chatting live to other members while i did it, even if all we were looking at was a communications ariel on a 10 storey block of flats from my kicthen as it was raining!:)

Heres the link, check it out and dont forget to mention SGL to thse crazed Americans and Canadians and lets have some of there unique style of humour on here!

NightSkiesNetwork

Hi,

same problem

live 100m from the sea and its cloudy nmost nights, and when its not its misty .

AND bonjour humidity and dew problems.

I went to the Norman Lockyear Observatory in Devon for their meteor watch and it was great, well organised and over 100 " members of the public" attended and saw lots on an essentially clear sky.

:)

called home and they had 100% cloud cover !!

:D

may have to move house .........

:)

Archived