Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

It Arrived, with a suprise!

My first telescope, a 150mm Skywatcher Dob arrived, it looks beautiful, I put the finderscope in, assembled it, everything fit in place, looks great, and the big suprise is, no clouds.

Got to be a first, going to have First Light on the exact same day as I assembled it, this is going to be great. I'm going to try M31 and Jupiter and M33, and possibly the Double Cluster if I find it, going to be one good night for me.

Please give me some tips if you can.

M33 is very difficult to spot better of trying to locate M81 near Ursa Major or the ring nebula in the constellation of Lyra and have a good scan of the sky around the constellation of Cygnus and you will not believe how many stars there are.

Leave it inside tonight. You wont need it to see the Perseids.

Sure, but a dob takes no time to set up, and won't get in the way. Might as well spend his first night cruising around the sky at least a little bit - maybe for the next couple of hours until midnight.

It'd be a shame not to just give the new scope a spin tonight. Who knows when it will be clear for you again.

Of course it's easy for me to talk. It's overcast here. BBC Weather triumphs again!

Sure, but a dob takes no time to set up, and won't get in the way. Might as well spend his first night cruising around the sky at least a little bit - maybe for the next couple of hours until midnight.

It'd be a shame not to just give the new scope a spin tonight. Who knows when it will be clear for you again.

Of course it's easy for me to talk. It's overcast here. BBC Weather triumphs again!

True. There's more to astronomy then just meteors.

Clouds are the latest edition to celestial objects.

Congratulations on your scope from another Skyliner dob user :p Your right they are beautiful. I leave mine slanted at an angle when it's indoors just because it looks cooler lol

Join the Dob User Group if you haven't already. This can be found in Social Groups under the Community menu at the top of each page.

Archived