Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

It's lovely to share....

Doc

It was a really clear last night in Nottingham, had a few friends over so basically found nothing new, just spent the night showing them a few objects, there were lots of wow's going off.

Most of them had never looked through a scope so when thay saw M57, M81/2, M31, M51 and of course Jupiter through a 16" they couldn't believe it.

A great night was had by all.

sounds like you had a blast mate, only I wish I was there lol. My little nephew was the same when he saw the moon and Saturn through my 5.1" and then asked me to get him a scope for his birthday and he's only 5years old. so I got him something not too big. got him the mini heritage dob and he loves it.

Sounds like a good night. Sharing is good - my neighbour is going to teach astronomy next year so we're both persuing messier objects and it gets pretty exciting. I often run inside and grab my son (19yo) and any of his friends who are there to show them my latest find! There are plenty of Wow's and "cool" before they go back to the xbox.

If only my dogs would show more interest. :p

I have only been in Cyprus two months but tomorrow I will be throwing my third 'star party' this one will have about 14 people attending. It is really satisfying to share the buzz people get when they see first hand through a large scope some of the wonderful sights of the night sky and who knows perhaps it will spark some enough to buy their first scope, the more the merrier I reckon.

Archived