NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Oops, tiredness got the better of me...

Starblazer

Ugh Im gutted - I paid nearly twice that for mine (mind you it had £150 worth of extras included). But yes - that's a very good price and you'll love the scope. Crystal clear wide views with no discernable CA. Might need a decent flattener for photography - but if it's in good nick then a superb buy - congrats :)

That's the beauty of the Meg 72's - very versatile - I'm going to be using mine for widefield photography - eventually guide by the CPC. It can be an excellent guide scope too but underused at that. Another sgl'er has snapped some smashing dso's with a Meg 72 - noteably the horsehead and flame amongst others.

But it sounds like you have the photography sorted with the dob on an eq6. What did you plan to do with the Meg? :)

As I said lol, tiredness got the better of me and I was originally looking for a guide scope, that could also be used as a grab n go scope & wide-field astro. So i'm guessing i've pretty much covered mosted bases with this purchase, even if it was impulse >.<

Occasionally you get lucky on eBay and pick up a nice piece of equipment for a silly price. You've done well there as you could easily re-sell it and make a nice profit.

Not that I'm suggesting that you sell the Megrez 72 as it's a superb little all-round scope that will do pretty well anything you want it to.

John

Well upon waking and realising what i've done haha, i'm very happy, although I now realise I will be needing some other bits n pieces if i want to use this for astro photography as well as viewing and guiding. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated although im on a bit of a tight budget at the moment, can be stretched a little if I spread things out :) But here it goes...

Diagonal? needed? Any suggestions?

Canon 1000d camera adaptor to fit megrez focuser?

Field Flattener (apparently need one of these also?

Tube rings and dovetail to fit?

Anything else anyone could recommend?

Archived