Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nighthawk pic

SteelRat

Hi Gord - I think the M4 mount is really a lightweight eq3 equiv. Best mount I've ever had though. FAR AND AWAY more stable than my old EQ3/2 and obviously ALOT lighter than the EQ5 I had. Worked a treat straight out of the box. Also known as the Skyview mount. I got mine on a Tal tripod - as steady as you can get, specially with the extra accessory tray I mounted down at the bottom.

Looks a good set-up.

You should be able to get some excellent images with your 80mm when Orion appears in the night sky. I know I can't wait to use my 80mm.

Very wise to mount an extra accessory tray low down on the TAL tripod - it can be a bit wobbly without in a wind !

8)

MD

Hi MD. Only put the tray on for somewhere to put things - I knew it'd give the tripod extra rigidity but I tell ya - it's like a pier set in concrete! The tray was left over from the old second hand eq3/2 so I count it as FOC - attached onto 3 black gate hinges at 69 pence a pop it's one of my favourite mods to date :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Archived