A 'Hello' from Lancashire

Polar Bear

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. Living in a city does have its difficulties but as you say planets and the moon are also worth studying and there is lots to see. Given the cloud we've all been having, solar viewing might represent the only viewing that can be had! Will be looking out to see how your progressing, so keep us all posted!

Clear skies

James

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. Living in a city does have its difficulties but as you say planets and the moon are also worth studying and there is lots to see. Given the cloud we've all been having, solar viewing might represent the only viewing that can be had! Will be looking out to see how your progressing, so keep us all posted!

Clear skies

James

Hi James

have you been 'rockin around the A38' I am a regular visitor to Highbridge and Burnham on Sea . Bristol Balloon festival soon. Much better skies down there but plagued with cloud on a visit 3 weeks ago.

Cheers Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hang on ... he's an imposter ... cos that is not right ... there is no "H" in hello when it comes from a real Lancastrian ... being an ex-Lancastrian myself, this is something I know a lot about, unlike astronomy, about which I know next to nothing except that its lovely to look at the night sky and learn a little more each day :D

Eyy oop lad (<-- correct form of address :)) ... from a fellow Lancastrian albeit one who is now a long way from "home" :)

Hi Olly

been looking at your images , they are superb and no doubt the result of years of dedication (and knowing what you are doing)

Your place in France looks superb .

As for the Pennine Moors there is a terrible orange glow all around stretching from Manchester in the South to Preston in the North. It has got much worse over the last 10 years but is still better than in the towns I suppose. Not that it matters too much as it is always raining, or if not raining its cloudy, I'm sure you will remember the weather here. I can just see M31 from my garden with a pair of 10 x 50's but in some respects the LP helps when it comes to learning the sky as it is not as confusing !

Paul

Hang on ... he's an imposter ... cos that is not right ... there is no "H" in hello when it comes from a real Lancastrian ... being an ex-Lancastrian myself, this is something I know a lot about, unlike astronomy, about which I know next to nothing except that its lovely to look at the night sky and learn a little more each day :D

Eyy oop lad (<-- correct form of address :)) ... from a fellow Lancastrian albeit one who is now a long way from "home" :)

Tha nose nawt duz tha, its 'tor reet' raund ear.....:eek:

Must admit we still put a 'Th' in front of most words that start with a vowel , like th'astronomy :)

Archived