Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Comet Mc Naught

Hi Everyone,

Just had a go at some data I took at the beginning of June for Comet C/2009 R1 Mc Naught.

Found this one a difficult object to process, but reasonably happy with the result.

Critique and comments welcome!

Cheers John

post-15189-13387746576_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

Thanks for that, I used Deep Sky Stacker to align the images using the 'stars and comet stacking' in the comet stacking settings box, this allows the comet to be stacked and the stars to be sharp in the background.

I took the images while on holiday in La Palma last month, (Jez it seems like ages ago now!) on top of the volcano, just before dawn,

the skies are very clear and dark being above the cloud inversion layer (2500meters)

18 X 150 sec subs at ISO 800 using my modified Canon 450D with my Sigma telefoto working at 300mm at F6.3

All mounted on my Astrotrac 320AG on a phototripod.

Processed in PS CS3, and Noel Carbonis actions.

John

ah didn't spot the digits.

yeah i know he's spotted a few...hence the question.

they should just name them 'barry' or 'george' or 'gretle' or 'agatha' etc, they're easier to remember than C2009R1 etc!!

if I found one I'd call it Barry w@ng!

Archived