Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The best thing about being a Newbie

valleyman

The best thing about being a newbie is there is 99.9999999% things out there yu have yet to see, and everytime you see something new that takes your breath away, the next thing you see is even more stunning.

Guess you got out last night then. I went over with my mate last night and used his LX200 12" we had a good look around until the cloud came in at 2am ish

Jupiter was to low and in the haze to get much detail, but you could see that the bands or should I say Band. loads of other fuzzies and clusters and dipped out on some as the moon was to bright for some

G

I find the stubbing reduces once my eyes have dark adapted and I can see the tripod legs better :mad:

But seriously, you're right. Even with a small scope there seem to be endless new things to observe.

My son told me he keeps hearing me say Wow! when I'm outside with the scopes. It's exciting and even though sometimes things don't go according to plan you still get to see amazing and humbling sights.

And it doesn't matter how many times you've bashed your head on the scope - it's all part of the fun :mad:

I'm also from Newport but keep getting cloud, cloud and more cloud! Thought tonight was going to be the one! But no, the good old Welsh cloud came on rolling in! Suppose it's the price to pay for being Welsh!

the observatory in my garden was built to set my scope up in so I could see Mars when it was at its Closest back in 2005 it had the telescope in on the night before it was closest but the wall of the obsertvatory were to high and the scope could not see over the the to pas mars was fairly low. so as a very temporary measure we used 3 empty 25ltr paint tubs to stand the tripod on. it was a little scary but it worked a treat for that night and a few weeks after

Archived