NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

130p no bids AGAIN?!!

I find with Ebay that having a start price around what you want for it is a bad idea. Actually starting low gets people's interest and you often end up selling for more.

You can always cancel the auction if you don't like the way it is going although most bids tend to be last minute these days.

Anyway I think it's nice to put astro gear on here first to give SGL members first dibs before resorting to Ebay (and all their charges)

Wow. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm really looking forward to using this scope. I need an ultra compact scope (two small kids and nowhere I could store a scope without taking it to pieces every night) so this seems perfect for me.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Picked it up today from the seller. He says it's only been used twice and it's still in it's full original packaging (even the air-sac things) all of which is contained neatly in a DHL delivery box.

It looks like it's going to rain for the next week:mad::eek: but at least I'll take plenty of time to check collimation and get the finder aligned.

I haven't actually told my lovely wife that I've bought a new scope yet, but I read elsewhere on this forum that it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission, so it's your fault:)

I'm heading down to Devon shortly and am hoping I can convince her that we have the room to take it in the car. She is expecting me to take my 3" mini dob, but this is quite a bit bigger!

I find with Ebay that having a start price around what you want for it is a bad idea.

So true! - even having a "reserve" is bad idea. You gotta fly by the seat of your pants and drop hints on every BB you post on that there's a potential bargain you've just posted on eBay.

Then just cross your fingers and pray! :eek:

(in my experience - it's worked well for me!)

yes e-bay is a bit strange had to relist my model hele with no reserve to get some interest person who won got a bargin just like this scope.......sometimes you win and sometimes you dont.

Archived