Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

£100 to spend on a Eyepiece/Eyepiece's

Christmas is only a few weeks away and the other half is pestering me for pressie ideas.

I usually use my 40,32,25 mm eyepieces,but every now and again like to "zoom" in on particular objects (M57 for example).

I have a 8 inch Sct and a Zs66.

I would like to gain some better eyepieces to my collection,hence the title to this post.

If YOU had £100 to spend then what would you buy ??

Many thanks

Ps it would have to be 1.25 for now until i can splash out on a new diagonal :rolleyes:

The Hyperion's seem to be the talk of the town right now. I intend to add a medium powered Hyperion to my eyepiece case this Christmas.

If i was looking for something higher (4mm - 9mm) powered, the Burgess TMB Planetary series would be my choice. I have the 9mm and it's the best eyepiece in my case. Sold all my beloved Ortho's as a result.

Both eyepiece ranges are £69, so cash left in the pot.

Russ

I'm not sure what you can get for £100 in Britain, but I would suggest the best 6mm ep you can get for the money, or best ep and Barlow you can get for the money, if you don't have a Barlow already.

Sell or trade the 32 for a 16. With the Barlow, that would give you 40, 25, 20, 16, 12.5, and 8mm, and with the 6 would add 6 and 3mm. Nice selection.

If i suggested some other well known premium brand eyepieces then :nono:

As i said it is a Christmas present and we have set a £100 ceiling to spend on each other.

Its not that i have to spend the £100 but i was looking at what i could get in that price range :rolleyes:.

I do have a range of celestron plossls 4,6,9,15 mm but i fancy a nice eyepiece to get the best out of my scopes.

Looks by your comments that you prefer to look through a nice big window and not to squint through a tiny lttle hole (oo-er) - the higher mag plossls don't get so much use. So a higher mag wide looker should be the way to go. I haven't got my hands on one yet but - if yer after somthin new - by the sound of things a Hyp shouldn't dissapoint - just go for a foc length that'll get what you are after from both scopes. My higher mag wide EP is only the Skywatcher UWA and is ok, but I'm hopin to be replacin it with a Hyp for christmas myself.

That 7mm Nag's DEFINATELY gotta be a hard one to turn down though :rolleyes:

Whatever you get - post your impressions and let us know the results.

Think we ought to have a post for what we all got for Christmas - no socks, ties or dodgy jumpers please :nono:

Archived