Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Where to buy binoculars in central London?

A bit further out at Morden (but within walking distance of a tube station) there is always Kay Optical ?

My Uncle in law sends his birding bins from Somerset to them to be serviced as he wont trust anyone else with them. They've sold me some good astro bits in the past too.

I also recommend the Widescreen Centre, they are friendly and seem very knowlegable.

I bought some Helios Stellar 15x70 binoculars there which I like a lot, although as I have never looked through any other 15x70 binoculars I can't compare them to anything else!

I have bought quite a lot of astronomy equipment from them and have always had good service.

I gues I am old fashioned, I like going in to a shop and having a look around, rather than buying everything on the internet, although this may be cheaper!

You could try calling Widescreen and asking Simon or Ethan to order in a couple of pairs of bins for you - they should be willing to if suppliers offer such things on sale or return...

Another one that might be worth a punt is London Camera Exchange in the Strand. Again, they'd not necessarily have stuff in stock but might order in. Number for them is 0207 379 0200.

Cheers, Pete

I must pay a visit to the Widescreen Centre the next time i am in London. It sounds by name to be more like a place that i can buy a 60" HDTV rather then anything astronomy related.

As far as buying a set of BIG bins...........................i can only point you in the direction of Strathspey

Great service,great bins and great prices.

FLO also sell BIG bins at very nice prices and the service is second to none.

Archived