Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I'm pulling my hair out with this

I think you are on the right track with the 200P dob. Having had both the F5 Explorer and F6 Skyliner, personally i believe the dob has the better optics. Perhaps the best newtonian optics Synta offer. I wouldn't be too down about not getting the 250PX, the 200P beats it hands down on the planets and is only a whisker away on the faint bits. And the 200P is far more stable on its dob base than the 250PX plus easier to move around. I bought the 250PX to replace my 200P and ended up selling the 250PX. Other than a slightly better view of the deepsky, the 200P outclassed it every other area.

Definitely go for a limited but quality eyepiece selection rather than a huge selection of cheapies. 2 or 3 quality eyepieces and a quality barlow makes more sense. The TV Plossls are an excellent choice. Or a TV in the mid range and a TMB Planetary at the higher end. The Adler (SWAN clone) are a mighty fine 2" finder eyepiece for the f6 200P.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK well am gona order the Skyliner 200p end of month and have decided on which ep's to go with it and will get them a few at a time.

TS Planetary HR 5,6,8,12mm and Televue plossl 15,25,32mm. and with them I dont think I need a barlow..

What ya think?

You won't go wrong with the 200p, you'll be very happy with it.

Is there any particular reason for choosing the TS Planetary HRs? The SkysTheLimit TMB Planetaries on eBay are absolutely identical exccpt for the printing on the barrels and are only £36.00 ea.

John

You won't go wrong with the 200p, you'll be very happy with it.

Is there any particular reason for choosing the TS Planetary HRs? The SkysTheLimit TMB Planetaries on eBay are absolutely identical exccpt for the printing on the barrels and are only £36.00 ea.

John

I used to buy lots of games and things off ebay and so many times sold duds or conned one way or the other so never been back on it for nearly 2 years.

But if they are the same quality then I will have a look, am sure it was mentioned earlier on in this thread that they were good. just a bit weary of it tbh.. ;)

I had the chance to compare them and when I say identical I mean totaly identical except for the style differences of the barrel. When you compare them side by side you can tell every part is the same and came out of the same factory, except for the style of the rubber covering and the printing on the barrel.

He also has an online shop as well, but not everything is on there yet so you might have to ask him about the TMB Planetaries.

http://www.skysthelimit.org.uk/one%20time%20only%20special%20offers.html

John

Out of those ep's IMO you don't need the 6mm, 15mm or the 25mm you might buy them but I reckon you'll find that you don't use them often enough to justify the expense. Start with three ep's the 32mm, yes, a low power finder will get used. 12mm, yes it will give you x100 and will be perfect for checking out DSO's. 8mm, if you go for a wide field of view x150 will be excellent for star clusters and fainter DSO's. Now the 5mm, a good plantary ep delivering x240 in the 8 inch dob and perfect for Mars, Saturn and Jupiter but you'll need steady skies to use it. Begin with these and if you think there s a gap in your collection you can fill it at a later date but to be honest you should be pretty happy.

Archived