Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First NGC7000

Uranium235

Decided to go for this one as suggested by Billy, I had work the next day so I only managed to get 10x300s. The seeing was average to good with the odd passing cloud, im very pleased with the results but im not sure its the right way up. Something tells me it should be rotated clockwise by 90deg?

Cant wait to add more to this one ;)

NGC7000 North american nebula

10x300s (plus flats, darks, bias)

SW ED80 Pro + Modded 1000d

Thanks for looking!

post-18171-133877460474_thumb.jpg

Thanks Peter, I will update it as soon as I get the chance. Not sure whether to stick with 300s or throw some 600s shots into the mix. Ive compared the image to others and yep, it should be rotated by 90 clockwise. The framing is a little off too as im missing part of the left edge of the nebula (if it were rotated that is), yikes what a monster it is! ;)

WOW! thats really nice! just 10 subs too! i wonder what would happen right enough if you did thow in the extra 600s..

P.s I asume you were using your filters their?..just curious as i have a simalar setup to you minus the filters, but would like to give this a go in the near future.

Thanks,

Michael

Theres loads of hidden data left in that image.. even the .jpgs got more.. ;)

Give it another stretch in curves :p

Here is 'your' image stretched, am at work so have limited PS ability here, your Tiff will be packed with detail :)

Guy

post-15416-133877460713_thumb.jpg

Theres loads of hidden data left in that image.. even the .jpgs got more.. ;)

Give it another stretch in curves :p

Here is 'your' image stretched, am at work so have limited PS ability here, your Tiff will be packed with detail :)

Guy

I think you shouldn't push it too much either. As otherwise it becomes way too washed out and the photo starting to look more like an aquarel painting, than an actual photograph. :eek:

I think quite often people play a tad too much with Photoshop and so ruin the quality, resolution and detail of image in the process.

Nice start...good star colour too.

Add a bunch of 10 minute subs to it. That will give you the depth and signal to noise ratio that you need to tease a bit more out of it, but, as said earlier, don't be tempted to go too far. As soon as you start to get any artifacts creeping in, back off.

Cheers

Rob

I think you shouldn't push it too much either. As otherwise it becomes way too washed out and the photo starting to look more like an aquarel painting, than an actual photograph. :)

I think quite often people play a tad too much with Photoshop and so ruin the quality, resolution and detail of image in the process.

The point I was making is there's more detail in there, I think its held back...

Of course you experts are better qualified ;)

The point I was making is there's more detail in there, I think its held back...

Of course you experts are better qualified ;)

Wow wow! I was not attacking you in any way my friend!

I was just placing a counter argument, that I often see people taking their photoshopping spree a tad too far and overdo it. And so ruin their image. :)

Ofcourse there is always more detail in your image. But you have to strike a fine balance in how much you can make it surface, without sacrificing quality.

Archived