Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cheap Power Tanks

My lad works at an auction house and they happen to have a quite large amount of these in at the moment :-

Portable Jump Starter and Air Compressor : InCar Battery Chargers and Compressors : Maplin

I'm assuming this is the one as it looks exactly the same, the thing is, if I got them, I'd have to get about 8 or so of them, having said that, depending on what they go for on the day, I reckon after bid price and buyers cost i could do these at around £10 each + postage. If there's the demand I'll look into it further. I'm thinking at that price, even if the batteries weren't up to much they could be cannibalised and a heftier battery fitted.

I could get more than 8 but at present there were 8 minimum in a lot.

Anyone?

EDIT

Forgot to add, the built in light is a 3 led one, not a bulb, so anyone with a bit of tech knowhow could easily replace the leds with red ones.

I could be interested, but where are you as distribution could be an issue, the maplin one you listed is a 17ah I think there are others looking the same but different AH which is the important bit for me.

It is a very generous offer though ;)

I'll find out the exact make off my lad tomorrow, I was down there yesterday and saw them all on the shelves. The first thing I thought of was the folks here. I'm near manchester, but postage can't be that much on these things. PLUS, if i wanted one for myself, what else could i do with the other 7 or so lol

I'll find out the exact make off my lad tomorrow, I was down there yesterday and saw them all on the shelves. The first thing I thought of was the folks here. I'm near manchester, but postage can't be that much on these things. PLUS, if i wanted one for myself, what else could i do with the other 7 or so lol

Nice one ;) let see what spec you can get might drum up some interest, other than astro it looks like a handy thing to have anyway.

Apologies, when posting the link at the top i assumed it would show the lighter socket, but yes, there is one, I looked over one of the boxes today and specifically looked for ah value but could only se what i reproduced above. Personally i was thinking at the price i'm assuming I can put them out at, if the battery isn't fantastic on them, it'd be financially worthwhile to open them up, remove the compressor and the jump leads and chuck a heftier battery in their as one thing i can say for certain is the cases are nice & hefty. Also for the people up to it, it'd be a fairly easy job to add a 6V out option as well.

UPDATE

Went in and started bidding on these today, there was a pallet of 13 of them but someone obviously got bidders fever and bid way over the odds for them. There will be more in soon, so now I know the interest is there I'll keep my eye out for more coming in.

Archived