Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Welcome jupiter

just wondering how long it is visable before sunrise in the north east as I have not seen it in my scope yet saw it eyes only @0300 getting very light then so went back to bed as I was up @0530 for work

I stayed up to get a look a couple of nights ago (kent) and it was a fantastic view around 3.15 am even then sky was quite light family thought i was mad, it was about 4.15am before i got to bed and yes i suffered with only 3hrs sleep but was it worth it?

Big yes :D

Kev

I'm going to attempt to view Jupiter for the first time myself tonight... I've downed a lovely cup of coffee already just to keep me a little bit more alert! I'm just hoping I'll make it till I see it! I don't care if I collapse on the spot from exhaustion, I'm going to see it darn it!

I have been stagazing for a year now and jupiter just makes me happy i love all her surrounding moons here is a nikon camera looking down my 8" looking at jupiter last year link below

http://www.facebook.com/DjInthepink?v=app_2392950137#!/video/video.php?v=236714480135

i hope you both catch her she is well worth a look good luck

Regards

I left the my scope set up last night after a lunar session and set the alarm for 3.30am. I wasn't disappointed. I've not yet seen Jupiter in my SW 127 mak so was quite exited. She was beautiful with a 16.8mm ortho so I thought I'd try it with a 2x barlow and wow. I could clearly see one dark cloud band, faintly see two other cloud bands and what appears to be a dark cap on one pole. I could also make out the great spot.

Well, I'm satisfied and happy. Now I'm back off to bed to the sound of the dawn chorus!

Not that it helps you much from your location but at my place it rises at about 2:00am and peaks at around 5:30am at about 50 degree is altitude to the North - when the rain lets up I might get to see Jupiter on the way to work!

I left the my scope set up last night after a lunar session and set the alarm for 3.30am. I wasn't disappointed. I've not yet seen Jupiter in my SW 127 mak so was quite exited. She was beautiful with a 16.8mm ortho so I thought I'd try it with a 2x barlow and wow. I could clearly see one dark cloud band, faintly see two other cloud bands and what appears to be a dark cap on one pole. I could also make out the great spot.

Well, I'm satisfied and happy. Now I'm back off to bed to the sound of the dawn chorus!

great isn't she :D

Finished work at 4 this morning and Jupes was brilliant in the morning sky. Pointed it out Naked Eye to my colleague at work and once I got home was pleased to see that she was viewable from my obs site.

Suki was up in seconds and I had my first look at my fourth planet (if you count the rubbish mars of april that is).

Gob-smacked..... Its a testament to the heavens that it still has the power to take your breath away. through my uncooled scope, in brightening condistions i immedialy made out jupes and 3 moons, then by upping my mag i was astounded to see the NEB and make out the GRS. Saturn is gorgeous but Jupes, well jupes is a planet that looks REAL.

I cant wait until i get to see it under better conditions.

I love this hobby :D

I have been stagazing for a year now and jupiter just makes me happy i love all her surrounding moons here is a nikon camera looking down my 8" looking at jupiter last year link below

http://www.facebook.com/DjInthepink?v=app_2392950137#!/video/video.php?v=236714480135

i hope you both catch her she is well worth a look good luck

Regards

u referring to the King as a Queen lol

Venus and Moon are only female,

Sun, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and even Pluto in past are all Male Planets.

Jupiter is king of Gods, God of Sky and Thunder and is Male.

u referring to the King as a Queen lol

Venus and Moon are only female,

Sun, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and even Pluto in past are all Male Planets.

Jupiter is king of Gods, God of Sky and Thunder and is Male.

I shall remember that thankyou:icon_salut:

... I could also make out the great spot...

A correction to my earlier post.

I apparently wasn't looking at Jupiter's GRS as according to Stelarium it wasn't presenting on Sunday morning. And if it had been it would not have been in the right hemisphere. What I was viewing was definitely associated with Jupiter as it moved across my FOV along with the planet but at this point I don't know for sure what it was.

I will have to wait a bit longer as it rises at the front of my house right where a street light is :D saturn was a WOW moment I sure jupiter will be as well

your goning to love jupiter and surrounding moons

Archived