Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ha filter on DSLR

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see that modding will have much effect on O111 or S11. O111 has certainly been done with DSLRs but the imagers describe it as agonizingly slow. (I find this odd because there are two green pixels per cluster of four and really the blue ought to pick up a bit as well. Can anyone explain this?)

Olly

May be because OIII is at 500.7nm, low end of green and the peak green in a DSLR is a bit higher.

Would need to see the QE curves for the DSLR and compare it to OIII etc.

• 1 year later...

I'm about to buy an Astronomik clip in since I don't have a telescope its the only way to filter my camera. Which one is best the 6nm or 12nm? They are expensive ouch. Then again my guider parts started out to budget around 400 bucks and ended up being close to a grand so I'll wince but pony up the money. Can't find any of the 6nm so I guess I'm going to have to go with the 12 but if the 6 is beter I'll wait.

Griz

• 3 weeks later...

Archived