Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

swedish retailers?

zork

heya

not sure this is the right place, but i couldnt post in the retailers section.... anyway.... i have saved up a big bucket of cash and so i am planning to invest in a scope. question though is if anyone knows any retailers in sweden, on- or offline, that sell telescopes? preferably sky watcher, i think. i found rymdbutiken.se, but it seems kind of dead since they dont reply to several emails i have sent them.

otherwise.... are there any net retailers that send to sweden? if so, which ones are good? is it even advisable to send a telescope through mail? :)

lastly, and off topic, you think a nikon d40x would work for taking amateurish images through the scope?

thank you in advance,

zork

are there any net retailers that send to sweden?
I've dealt with Teleskop Express (Germany) http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/index.php/language/en and found them efficient & helpful. Never been to Sweden or seen any Swedish retailers advertised though.

As for mail order - even in the UK, really there isn't much option for those of us living outside the metropolitan areas. The scopes were probably made in China anyway, if they can get from factory to retailer in one piece then they stand a reasonably good chance of surviving courier delivery to your door.

i have dealt with Optistar and found them to be excellant. I am sure they ship overseas if you can not find anybody in Sweden. Give them a email or phone. They deal with all the main suppliers and may know of suppliers in Sweden.

Good luck with your search

http://www.opticstar.com/Run/Astronomy/Astro-Telescopes-Celestron.asp?p=0_10_1_3

heya and thanks for the quick replies! telescop-express/service does sadly enough not ship to sweden... i will check opticstar when i get home. but anyone know how it works with warrenty and stuff if i purchase a scope from another EC country, like uk? it is after all a lot of money involved. :]

Hmmm. You should try to talk to Optical Vision as they are the Skywatcher distributor responsible for Sweden:

Optical Vision Limited

Tel: 01359 244 200

Web Site: http://www.opticalvision.co.uk

If you want someone local with great optics knowledge, try GO Foto in Stockholm (www.gofoto.se) - they have range of astro products under their own Magnistar brand but this is all at the lower end of the astro range.

Cheers, Pete

Sales and Marketing Manager - Opticron

i have actually checked out go foto on the net earlier on... but i have, for some reason, snowed in on sky watcher. :)

i thought it would be much more expensive to buy a scope from the uk, but i checked on a money converesion site and, right now, it would not differ much... shipping included.

heya

not sure this is the right place, but i couldnt post in the retailers section.... anyway.... i have saved up a big bucket of cash and so i am planning to invest in a scope. question though is if anyone knows any retailers in sweden, on- or offline, that sell telescopes? preferably sky watcher, i think. i found rymdbutiken.se, but it seems kind of dead since they dont reply to several emails i have sent them.

otherwise.... are there any net retailers that send to sweden? if so, which ones are good? is it even advisable to send a telescope through mail? :)

lastly, and off topic, you think a nikon d40x would work for taking amateurish images through the scope?

thank you in advance,

zork

Hello,

Rymdbutiken here. We apologize deeply that you have not got any answer on your email yet. We are not dead. :icon_scratch: On the contrary, this spring has overwhelmed us, and we have been undermanned. We have hired personnel, but it is a long learning curve to answer emails and answer phone regarding the wide range of issues concerning telescopes, astronomy and so forth.

I wish you all Loungers a nice summer, even though we still get worse and worse nights with the longer days. Especially here in the polar country of Sweden, where the sun never goes down these days in the Northern part of Sweden. But better nights will come. After midsummer.

/Claes at Rymdbutiken

ok thank you everyone for the info! when i started the thread, i had been peeking on some shops on the net and i didnt really see any sky watcher in the size that i was interested in (except you at rymdbutiken :), now it seems though that there really is a lot of possibilities to get great scope in the end! thank you everyone for all the help, much appreciated! :icon_scratch:

Archived