Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

There was an absolutley errie and amazing looking sunset as I drove out of Gloucester last night. It was like a scene out of the movie Independance Day. I think it was possibly Mammatus cloud formations enchanced by the Sun setting on a clear western horizon. Most of the sky was covered with these dark clouds and the low angle lighting of the Sun on the surroundings made everything stand out in highlights and shadows.

Pictures taken with a Canon 400D and Sigma 18-35mm lens. Stitched togegther with Microsoft ICE.

beyondvision-albums-weather-phenomenon-picture5305-moody-sunset-1.jpg

beyondvision-albums-weather-phenomenon-picture5307-moody-sunset-3.jpg

beyondvision-albums-weather-phenomenon-picture5306-moody-sunset-2.jpg

Regards

Kevin

Absoloutley STUNNING image Kevin (1st one), not many people will capture a image like that during thier life time!

The other 2 certainly do remind you of Silent Hill, very spooky!

ps..am i the only one to notice the UFO at 1 o'clock that caused this phenomenon?:D

Thanks for posting these images Kev...well done:)

Wow.. must've been breathtaking... :D:icon_eek: Absolutely love scenes like this.. yep, definitely hints of Mammatus there. and the colour tones are just as spectacular as the clouds themselves.. thanks for sharing!

Marius

Thanks for the really great comments and thanks Pete for showing me the fill in tool. I didn't want to crop the original as it lost some of the interesting detail so left it as it is.

I was in town driving home when I saw this on a an elevated section of road going past Gloucester Train Station it was a surreal scene as you could see a blindlingly bright sun in the rear view mirror with nearly all the sky covered in ominous looking black cloud. I rushed home and got the camera out just in time. It was a shame I couldn't take it from high ground like I first saw it in town.

Regards

Kevin

Archived