Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Worst Yet.

MickyWay

Took these this morning and couldn't believe what I saw.

I've posted before on this sort of pollution, but not seen worse.

Seems there's no solution...............

Oh yes, that's the Moon, in amongst the genuine (beautiful) clouds!

post-16403-133877452956_thumb.jpg

post-16403-133877452966_thumb.jpg

The only way to stop it is to trigger a massive volcanic eruption in Iceland or put a tax on flying that represents the carbon footprint at the same level as road vehicles get taxed.

What a MESS. Thats about the worst i have ever seen..........and my aunt/uncle live about 5 mins from Gatwick and i have spent a lot of time there yet i have never seen it THAT bad.

Bring back the no-fly zone due to volcanic ash..................

NOW THAT WAS BLUE SKIES.

Cant see ANY genuine clouds in that lot. There's an animation on the www somewhere that shows clearly contrails contributing to eventual cloud formation.

Makes you wonder what the planet was like before we ruined it.

Cant see ANY genuine clouds in that lot. There's an animation on the www somewhere that shows clearly contrails contributing to eventual cloud formation.

Makes you wonder what the planet was like before we ruined it.

I can totally agree that contrails lead to cloud formation. I saw it with my own eyes in April when the planes started flying again after being grounded.

747= same fuel/burned/passenger/mile as a family saloon

and aviation contributes as much CO2 to the environment as agriculture

so we better stop farming too.

and wont that be a great time.....cant fly anywhere on holiday AND the economy shrinks as we no longer grow our own veg etc....

and all so you guys can get a clean image!

have you heard of median combing?...the jet trail will move from frame to frame

happy flying!

paul

Alba gu bràth

I'm a fluent Irish Gaelic speaker................but my Scots Gaelic is not so good.

Am i correct in saying your signature means "I love Scotland"...........or "Scotland is my love"?

Its very similar to the Irish form of the Gaelic language.

yes the scots gaelic is very similar to the irish. I speak neither though.!!!

I was lead to believe that it meant 'Scotland Forever', but the 2 you say could equally well be true. The exact literal translation could well be 'I love Scotland'

seeing as you speak fluent irish gaelic i would be inclined to go with what you think it is!

paul

i know failte means welcome and slainte means cheers, but thats all I know! Its a nice language though very much removed from english!

well us irish/scots, we are all celts at heart.

i would like to speak some gaelic as its a nice language, but it is rare to hear it in scotland. Need to go way up north to hear it really.

well im proud of my countries heritage and proud to be scottish. I like our traditional songs too!

paul

Archived