Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Everywhere sold out of Meade 10" lightbridges.

To be honest I think I'd rather have a solid tube over a truss tube in the 10" size so maybe all is not lost unless you are dead set on the truss design.

The Skywatcher flextubes weigh the same as the solid tube counterparts plus you will need to consider a light shroud (ditto a Lightbridge) to keep stray light out of the tube.

I've got the solid tube 10" Skywatcher, and storage/portability's not really a problem for me. I keep it stored vertically, so the extra length isn't an issue, and when transporting it, it fits easily across the back seat of a Fiesta.

To be honest I think I'd rather have a solid tube over a truss tube in the 10" size so maybe all is not lost unless you are dead set on the truss design.

The Skywatcher flextubes weigh the same as the solid tube counterparts plus you will need to consider a light shroud (ditto a Lightbridge) to keep stray light out of the tube.

Now i'm confused. I'm sure i was told no so long ago that the SW truss scopes weighed MORE then the solid tube ones. I agree though that the solid tube is a better design because you dont have to worry about a shroud. The less stuff you have to worry about....the better.

On the other hand...............truss tubes are a bit better for storage/portability and i guess thats more important then worrying about a shroud.

Here's the solution:

http://stargazerslounge.com/sale/105753-10-inch-orion.html

Whoops......................sorry it has sold.

Archived