NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Prom photo with PST and standard DSLR

melsky

Great result Mel, and i'm sure it would be of interest to quite a few how you managed to get the dslr attached, got any details? I'd love to hear by PM if so :D

Hi Mel great shot, yes I'd like to hear how you managed to get focus with the PST and DSLR. I've tried, but figure I need to pear down the eye piece holder to get the camera in close enough.

Tom.

Thanks for all the comments people, in answer to TJ & Tom OD's question about how I took this with a DSLR I used an old Kowa photo adapter which was modified to 1 1/4 push fit by my soon to be wife Antonia (she's an aircraft engineer). I'd tried using barlows and Powermates without being able to achieve focus, the Kowa photo adapter hasn't been used for years, I bought it at the same time as I got my TSN-4 scope (77mm fluorite cracker) so I thought why not give it a go. Below is a full frame shot using this equipment and a photo of the adapter.

Thanks Mel

post-16960-133877452424_thumb.jpg

post-16960-133877452428_thumb.jpg

Archived