NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Not quite a review yet - TV 35mm Panoptic

Wow. My used 35mm Panoptic arrived today. £200 delivered and almost mint with the exception of a couple of tiny pin-hole set screw marks on the nosepiece.

It's a large and heavy unit, very reassuring. There's a new expression in town - "Remember about the quality, feel the width".

This is one serious eyepiece.

Unfortunately, it's going to be locked away until Father's Day - very annoying but have to be fair - it's off the girls with a large contribution (to wipe them out) from my savings.

I have been sat looking through it at the PC screen and can tell already it will be a comfortable eyepiece to use but it's now packed away and I won't be opening it again for a while. OK I admit it, I dragged the dob out on the floor of my office and put the eyepiece in to check that the balance would be OK - it was!

Looking forward to mid-June and I'll do a proper review then.

For now I'll just wipe the drivel off my keyboard and go to bed :D

ha ha - true - I am sure we are all probably this sad but I had the 35mm Panoptic and my/your 33mm SWAN, held one on each eye trying to see if the fields were about the same - must have looked a bit like the nutty guy (Jamie Gum or something??) from Silence of the lambs! Obviously a complete was of time given that one eye dominates! what a muppet.

when having just got our first scope, I bet lots of us have set it up in the lounge, in poor weather, curtains closed looking through the eyepiece as if we are observing...................or is that just me?

Thats one fantastic eyepiece, I'm sure the waiting will be dreadful :)

cheers Mick - you bet. thankfully I still have the 24mm Panoptic to keep me warm :)

I have had my 35mm Panoptic for about 12 months. Fantastic EP in the frac and even though it takes the exit pupil to about 7.4 it is still very good in my 10" Dob. You will enjoy using it after fathers day.

Mark

thanks Mark

I am luckier as the EP on my dob is about 6.6 so even my dodgy eyes should be OK.

Hi, I have the P27 & on cloudy nights it comes out of my eyepiece box & gets stroked :D You will love it.

you maniac! I thought I was a bit obsessed. :D

I agree, I have tried and tested many, many eyepieces and the 35mm Pan is one of my all time favourites. You'll enjoy it without doubt!

cheers Wizz. it will be a fine addition to the 24mm Panoptic you sold to me :)

cannot wait to give a first light report (but I'll have to).

• 1 year later...

Archived