Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just one of those nights.....

moocher

Hello,

Not the best of nights. This has turned out to be "one" of those nights!!!!!

Due to circumstances "out of my control" ie my USB interface box for my MX716 going pop earlier this evening this image has turned out to be an "unguided" effort. I`m buying my mates Trifid of him tomorrow, he doesn`t know yet!!!! laughing4.gif

So here we have M101 (Sorry but i still ain`t got the VC up and running). Not the best image scale but hey ho. 40X90 secs unguided Borg 77ED @ f6.5 (500mm) Atik 314L+ at -15 c. Slightly cropped but not too much. Combined in Maxim. No darks or flats. Minimal processing in PS CS3.

Hope a like it.....

Alan icon_biggrin.gif

Ps forgot to mention the poor framing.....

post-16297-13387744651_thumb.jpg

WOW! i cant say much as i have no experience yet in AP but from what i am learning it is NOT easy and then to be able to take a pic like this without guiding, darks, flats and minimal processing well...outstanding! I really do like it. Hope one day to achive somthing like this my self...after of course i read everything there is to know about AP and then no doubt lots of trial and error and of course lots of money spent!

Any top tips for a novice?

Thanks,

Michael

That's pretty good for unguided, still looks really sharp

"One of those nights" for me usually results in lots of swearing and throwing in the towel!

Alan...

Yep, we all have 'them nights' - and days too sometimes!

Great going though for only 90sec subs - and unguided too!!!

Stars still nice and round and plenty of detail in the galaxy arms, and that's without any calibration frames you say..... so at least you got something out of your eventful evening!

Clear skies and best wishes your the next imaging session!

Damian

Archived