Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stacking

I would agree with James.

If it's a object that might be subject to burning out then stack seperately. If it isn't then do them all together.

E.g. M42 needs long exposures to get the outer edges, but short exposures to capture the fine detail in the core. So you'd stack the two batches one at a time. and then use some photoshop magic to combine the two!

Ant

If it's planets then it's a whole different ball game! :wink:

Couple of tips though.

Stack the images, then save as the highest quality you can, then create a copy of the file. Work on the copy never the original. That way if you learn something nw in the future you can revisit your old images and pull more out of them. And if you do something stupid you can start over!

Wish someone had pointed out that little gem when I first started stacking stuff. The images that I've lost over the years is soul destroying.

Ant

• 2 weeks later...

That answer was a bit cocky guys, sorry. Here it is properly :D

Normal bit:

Select AVI

Select Alignment Area

Align

Limit

Sneaky bit:

On Optimise screen, select number of frames and click Create in Reference Frame box

Enhance image when prompted, click Continue

Normal bit again:

Click Optimise or Optimise and stack as normal

Then carry on as you normally would

Easy ... :rolleyes:

And in case anyone's wondering why - you need your best frame as a reference because Registax uses it as a "benchmark" to stack the rest of the frames. The better your reference then the better the resulting stacked image will be.

Archived