Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What finder?

Im just wondering if anyone can recommend a finder to use with a skyliner 300 dob? I'm looking at the Rigel quickfinder or a bog standard red dot finder at the moment . Also just spotted the baader 40mm on flo which looks nice too. Any recommendations?

The perfect setup with a 300 dob would be an Orion 9x50 RA finder and a Telrad with a 2" riser base to make it easier to look through.

The Rigel Quikfinder is very good though, and is almost as good as the Telrad, and it is tiny in comparison and ideal for the smaller scope.

John

The perfect setup with a 300 dob would be an Orion 9x50 RA finder and a Telrad with a 2" riser base to make it easier to look through.

The Rigel Quikfinder is very good though, and is almost as good as the Telrad, and it is tiny in comparison and ideal for the smaller scope.

John

I have the Orion 9x50 RACI / Telrad combo on my 10" alt-az newtonian and it's a great setup :D

I had a Quickfinder on my Meade 12" Lightbridge though and, as John says, it's a great alternative. I preferred it over a Telrad on the Meade because I was trying to keep top end OTA weight to a mimumum for reasons of balance.

Archived