NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Warm warm room, without heating....

Tim

Sitting here, I'm just starting to get a bit chilly. The thermometer on the wall tells me the temp in the observing section of my obs is 10°c, whilst inside the warm room it is a heady 13°c.

The extra few degrees are added by the PC fans, and the 12v halogen lights I have in the ceiling, along with a extracting 12v fan that take any warm air from the lights and brings it back into the warm room.

I was getting a little chilly as mentioned, as 4am came round, then I noticed I was still in just a pair of shorts, Tshirt, and light sweater :)

The biggest and main blessing of the warm room, (aside from music/TV/PC whilst observing) is the shelter from the winds.

I'll post some pics soon ;)

TJ

OOPS! Silly me, I hadn't given the thermometer enough time to adjust, it was actually 17°c in the warm room, despite the door having been opened for some time during the night.

If I had thoguht about it at the time, and I suppose I could still, I owuld have put the 12v transformer from Maplins in the warm room too, as that kicks out some heat as well.

I recommend the 12v halogens though, the majority of the warmth comes from them.

I'd put pics up, but then we had that thread in the astro lounge about checking out other peoples gardens. I have big plans to landscape all around the obsy, and also a big fat empty wallet atm, so its still a real mess outside. As I manage a garden and landscaping centre, I guess I better get it looking good first ;)

Archived