Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HEADS UP: 21st APRIL - 8:15 AM CME

Tim

Looked at 10.30. A noticeable prominence at "3 O'clock as seen in a PST with a faint nebulous extention remenicient or the "Great CME" recently but nothing as large scale and probably would not rate as a CME.

Seeing as that CME the other day was one of the largest ever recorded I doubt we'll be lucky enough to get another any time soon, more's the pity.

This morning there was a long section of ejected matter, standing a reasonable amount away from the sun, and covering approximately 1/10th the circumference of the disc. I'm afraid I have no idea yet as to how to divide the sun into quadrants Ken ;)

On the opposite side was an unusual prominence, a tall thin jet shooting straight out in a line and again extending a good way, but with a faint accompanying area of stuff that was being thrown out at an angle. It looked for all the world like a comet had slammed into the sun.

Archived