Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Saturn & Mars

bigal1

Hi all , managed to take my first pics of Saturn and Mars a few nights ago . I was using a Skywatcher 127 mak , 2x barlow and a toucam pro2 but was having a hard time getting focus and wondered if this was because i was not using an Ir filter ( have 1 on order ) plus i think maybe the skywatcher barlow that came with my scope might not be the best , any comments/suggestions most welcome thanks .

post-18835-133877439459_thumb.jpg

post-18835-133877439465_thumb.jpg

Good start mate with that aperture.....Mars is a difficult target for any imager/scope now with its size, distance etc, so to get anything at all on it is quite an achievement!:)

Focus would've been quite daunting for you on it so doubly good.....it'll soon start to become easier as you get a few imaging sessions uder your belt - and good seeing is a very prime requisite for planetary imaging!:p

I think the gamma was quite low but the gain was too high , i've had another imagining session since and think things are improving slowley , still got bad fuzzy focus so with a bit of luck that will be sorted once i add a uv/ir filter to the webcam .

Archived