Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Spectra of the Sun (tiny portion!)

NickH

Working with the LHires spectroscope in Spain, and took a 2GB video of the entire solar spectrum, am going to run it through vdub and other apps to split it to segments and then stitch it all together, which will take a good while, but here's a sneak peak..

Lumenera Skynyx 2-1/LHires III

Lucam Recorder

Utterly mesmerising to watch it in full colour...great way to test the spectral response on a CCD too :-)

post-14410-13387743785_thumb.jpg

great stuff Nick....

i have acquired the entire spectrum from the LHiRes. Took an age to manually stitch together.

it looks awesome though when pieced together. Especially those atmospheric lines around 700nm!

remember to show the line profile, ie the spectrum.....and if one can correct for the QE one could fit a blackbody curve to find Teff. This for us didnt work too well. The atmosphere its since affects light nonlinearly in wavelength and I imagine the transmission is also a function of wavelength for the LHiRes...

a great start there nick, keep it up

Very nice Nick, I am beginning to think you are a machine that never sleeps :D must be something good in those filter coffees you have :(

Looking forward to the end result, I enjoyed looking through a spectroscope at kelling last year.

Archived