NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

moon mosaic 21 march 2010

resonator77

What stitching software was used? I played with MS Ice and found it very poor but discovered another one called AutoPano that seems to do a really nice job. I fancy having a go at one of these myself, had a very quick play last night, more of a practice to see where I went wrong and to know what to correct, here is my test, one with ICE and the other with autopano. I need to improve on pic quality but the stitching difference is quite large. Using a finepix 5600 screwed to a hyperion.

post-18181-13387743522_thumb.jpg

post-18181-133877435226_thumb.jpg

I'll have a look at the imerge, doing a moon mosaic is just one of the things I want to have a go at, the above was just a practice and i know I need to work on focus a little more. If I can manage one half as good as the first one in this topic i'll be quite happy. Also you're working with video/webcam, mine was with a still camera and a not really suitable one at that, (finepix F5600) screwed to a baader hyperion.

Archived