Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AVIstack vs Registax - Same image..

NickH

I think it's pretty clear now which one wins by a mile

Registax on multipoint align vs Avistack on 2671 point align.

Lumenera Skynyx 2-1m images of AR on March 16th

Time to redo my images in Avistack..

:-) (and thanks to Brian for the heads up/reminder)...had tried it a while back, but it was a bit iffy...now, no contest!

PST80 gets even better!

post-14410-133877433968_thumb.jpg

post-14410-133877433975_thumb.jpg

Helen, I believe Nick will be doing a bit on AVistack. To be honest, watching paint dry is more exciting than watching this do its thing...but wow it works...

Mainly I will be doing practical hands on imaging, stacking and wavelet processing whilst also covering PHotoshop tips... showing some settings and how to mod a PST..

Interesting comparison Nick, certainly works excellently on these images. I will be covering this at the weekend, obviously cutting out the 45 minute alignment time.

Wow - that is impressive. Has anyone done a direct comparison with Lunar images?

Dave

Quite a few Dave. Bear in mind Nick's comparison is between Avistack and Registax v4 (correct me if I am wrong Nick), whereas Registax v5 is a completely different beast.

In a nutshell Avistack can produce excellent results provided there is minimal drift of the image across the AVI during capture.

Cheers

Nick

Excellent results but I haven't been able to blindly click my way around it...oh well if all else fails RTFM :) .....

I definitely need and idiots guide to AviStack ;) ....

Make that two !!

PS Does anyone know if the Imaging Day will video'd and possibly available as a DVD later for us poor saps who can't get to it ??

Bear in mind Nick's comparison is between Avistack and Registax v4 (correct me if I am wrong Nick), whereas Registax v5 is a completely different beast.

In a nutshell Avistack can produce excellent results provided there is minimal drift of the image across the AVI during capture.

Cheers

Nick

Ah !!! interesting ;)

Interesting comparison Nick, certainly works excellently on these images. I will be covering this at the weekend, obviously cutting out the 45 minute alignment time.

Nick

Try 1 hour 51 on my last run for a 1/4 solar disc at F22

Eesh... it's slow (running in a VM doesn't help) but the results are pretty amazing

Now there's a thing! Massive difference Nick, and huge improvement.

As ever, how do you decide which pics to go back and redo? :)

Am gutted I cant make the PST mod demo, especially as I have half the bits here ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing the Lunt shots from this week...it's still striking me (and sorry to say this) that the PST80 is beating it/them hands down every time...

SF70...different ballgame...Daystar ditto...

Archived