Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light 2010 - PST80 13March

NickH

Sun is now just clearing my house from the garden, so can finally get back to imaging it. Seeing not perfect, very wobbly at times, and the process is a quick rough job, single alignment point, only 156 frames

Got a ton of these to process using the DMK21AU04.AS, still waiting on a license for my Lumenera cameras for Lucam recorder to not use jpeg mode (have 23000 jpegs of this region though!). Should have that later today

Anyway...first light for me this year..little taster for next week... ( to be honest...not having imaged the Sun in 6 months I was worrying :-))

(sweet spot...what sweet spot???)

The processed image is the DMK, ther raw screen grabs from the Skynyx2-0m whilst it was capturing at F25

post-14410-133877432731_thumb.jpg

post-14410-133877432738_thumb.jpg

post-14410-133877432745_thumb.jpg

That was a laptop perched on a compost bin, and the PST80 chucked on a HEQ5 for 20 mins... Hoep to process the rest later today..and post up some better versions...

Wish the Lumenera was in full mode...that was really cooking today..

Nice one Nick

I also managed first solar image of the year today

I was using the workmate instead of the compost bin ours hasn't got a flat surface or I would have been up and running about 10 mins earlier

Steve

Steve

Archived