Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

little tip on bino`s

I was out with my binos last night and found that after a brisk walk i couldnt stop the tiny shaking transmited through my hands to the binos. I discovered that on picking up my rucksack and hanging it between my hands ( like a pendulum without the swinging ) it steaded my binos perfectly. i will be fashioning a simple tool to mimic this as it worked so well. hope this helps anyone who had the same problem ;). my valentines present was a celestron 6mm ep , moon filter and a skywatcher red led torch, whar a cool misus eh, who`d of thunk astronomy could be sooo romantic? hang on.... there`s little more romantic that the night skie is there. happy days ;)

john

• 3 weeks later...

One of the easiest methods I have learned is to prop my elbows on the roof of a car.

You got a nice valentine there. I hope the romance continues--maybe next year she'll get you a scope!

Lost in Space--love it, grew up on it. Dr. Smith is the worst!

I use a monopod to support the Bino's.....

The broom handle!

Place the end of the wooden handle in the middle of the bino's centre section and gently hold them in contact using hand pressure.

Highly manouverable, lightweight and significantly reduces the shake and wobble; by varying the angle of the broom to the ground you can effectively change the working height of the bino's.

Ken

Another "little tip". If you have a convenient fence post or wall top, try placing a small bean bag on them. The binoculars can then be moved bout and the "beans" will deform to hold the binoculars steady, even hands free!

You noticed shaking while holding a pair of 8x25 bins? I can only think that the cause was blood coursing through your veins after a brisk walk. You should not need a reason to steady such small bins to observe unless you have a medical condition that causes "shakes".

But hey......whatever works.

You noticed shaking while holding a pair of 8x25 bins? I can only think that the cause was blood coursing through your veins after a brisk walk. You should not need a reason to steady such small bins to observe unless you have a medical condition that causes "shakes".

But hey......whatever works.

Youve got me worried now...:headbang:

Archived