Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Very first Mars RGB image

beamish

my very first RGB Mars image (actually my first RGB period !), taken Sat 30th Jan . EP projection with an 8mm TV plossle, Baader RGB, QHY5 ,Cape 8" @ F50 !! ( 10050mm) and then in RegV5 & PS CS3.

Okay it aint gonna set the world alight but it's mine and hopefully can only get better :)

post-13438-133877424366_thumb.jpg

Can any of the experienced imagers comment on what an IR filter might do for one? I just picked up a DMK21 the other day... still waiting to get out and try it. To what degree might it sharpen a photo like this (which by the way, I think is great! I can only hope to attain similar results my first time out! Nice work!).

Cheers guys !;)

I wish to get a definitive answer to the question too !

Just wished I had the filter wheel for friday night where the seeing was so much better.

RGB calibration :)

Will try to put a R RGB together this p.m. clearly need the practice- optics need cleaning too. I'm going to try and place the FW further down the focuser too so as to knock down the overall focal length, ATM I can't get closer than 75mm hence the F50 !!

Archived