Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What are these?

Ogri

You mean the blobs a bit away from the solar surface?

I need new eyes:confused::):confused:. I can see surface markings;), white bits and dark bits, and big blob that is/maybe a sun spot :D(check tomorrow) and the corona;). Cannot see a blob away from the surface - that would have to be outside the circumference, so am I looking for something in the corona or more distant.

I need new eyes:confused::):confused:. I can see surface markings;), white bits and dark bits, and big blob that is/maybe a sun spot :D(check tomorrow) and the corona;). Cannot see a blob away from the surface - that would have to be outside the circumference, so am I looking for something in the corona or more distant.

Magnify the image. There are "blobs" floating around a bit away from the Sun. I think the technical term for them, or the cause of them is CME (Coronal Mass Ejection). They are at the bottom left and right of the image.

I don't know if it is right or not, but someone I read was keeping an eye on them over a few days, and they don't seem to be originating with the sun, rather approaching it from the left (in general anyway), passing it, and heading off to the right?

Lost the darned link I read that at now too. :)

Weird shower of shiny meteorites maybe?

I don't know if it is right or not, but someone I read was keeping an eye on them over a few days, and they don't seem to be originating with the sun, rather approaching it from the left (in general anyway), passing it, and heading off to the right?

Lost the darned link I read that at now too. :)

Weird shower of shiny meteorites maybe?

Colour me LOST as to what you see and mean.

Colour me LOST as to what you see and mean.

I'm a bit lost myself, lol!

I think TJ's suggestion of comets might fit the bill though! :)

It'd be lovely to be able to see them with an earthbound telescope. eta: especially if they start getting tails, and become visible with the naked eye. I was awestruck watching twin tails on clear nights with the naked eye and through my 7 x 50 binoculars, and it would be nice to think I might see such things again.

Archived