NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dealers who ship outside UK

I live in Greece and purchase my astronomy stuff (telescopes, mounts, eyepieces, etc.) from the UK. I've used both Green Witch and Telescope Planet. For some reason Green Witch can ship internationally for half the amount of money that Telescope Planet charges. Also from personal experinece, I know that Green Witch honors warrantees .... splits shipping costs.

I live in Ireland. There are not many astro dealers here in the Republic. There is a main Celestron dealer (which is fine if you wanna buy Celestron gear) but i dont think they ship outside of Ireland. They are pretty expensive and i have saved a lot of money by importing my gear from both the UK and USA.

In the UK i have used TelescopeHouse,Strathspey Binoculars,FLO

Beautiful service

The only company i have imported from the USA with is Telescopes (dot) com.

Beautiful service.

P.S.~~~i imported my Canon 450D from a company in the UK called Warehousexpress and they were the worst company i have ever dealt with in any aspect of my life.

Besides John who owns and runs Strathspey Binoculars, i have to say that the guys (and gals) at FLO are the nicest people i have dealth with since i started buyint astro gear. I have never needed to ask John (Strathspey Binoculars) a question about my 20X80 bins so i can not comment on after sales stuff (im sure he is fantastic). The guys at FLO are here on a daily basis on the forums and answer any question you have about products you buy from them. Even if you dont buy from them.......they will advise you and help with ANY queries you have about your gear.

FLO is my new favourite dealer.

Strangely Paul I used warehouseexpress about a year ago and they were the WORST. Endless shipping of the wrong item, lost in the post etc in the end I gave up. Told them I was cancelling the card payment and they could go take a hike for the money cos I wasnt paying.

Never again.

I think the basic problem with WHE is that they never have stock of anything. DOes however sound as though they're getting more creative with reasons for hanging on to your money after charging your card & failing to supply .... Caveat emptor.

I have odered from Ian King with clockwork reliability. The Skywatcher stuff here in France never had the price cut seen in the UK a few years back. Ian will also tell you NOT to buy something if he thinks it will not work for you. FLO have a great reputation but can't ship Celestron outside the UK. You often get very interesting prices from Astrosource if you are looking for nearly new or new high end stuff.

As for Telescope Planet, there was so much disgruntlement at their service that new posts in the reviews section are now locked at birth.

Personally I would rather buy from a dealer who is also an amateur astronomer. We generally know who they are.

Olly

FLO have a great reputation but can't ship Celestron outside the UK.

With regards to Celestron: FLO and Ian King are subject to the same restrictions as any other official UK Celestron dealer. There are some circumstances where it is possible for us to deliver Celestron to locations outside the UK. It is best to contact your chosen dealer to discuss requiremants before placing an order.

HTH

I have ordered from Telescopehouse, Pulsar Optical and Ace Cameras with absolutely no troubles. I would imagine that UK dealers are only happy to ship abroad.

I wonder if the restrictions imposed by Celestron, Meade and others who operate it are against European laws on the movements of goods?

Archived