Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi - newbie with interest in photography and astronomy..

freck59

Hi everyone

I've joined because I'm totally clueless about the night sky and this looks just the place to find out more.

I've long been interested but never had the time to do anything much about it as I have two jobs, I'm a lone parent, occasionally looking after my aged mum to let dad get out and about, I have an 11 year old son, I'm on the school committee and I'm doing a three year accountancy course.

However, my son has been doing his astronomy badge at Scouts and its fanned the flames of my interest again.

I'll be popping in and out like a fiddlers elbow as I don't have a huge amount of time (see above). However, as I live on the coast of Devon I do have some glorious skies to look at with little or no light pollution :) and I'm really keen to learn how to capture some images that do the skies justice.

I have a point and shoot digital camera at the moment and I'm not going to spend a huge amount of money on a new one until I'm certain sure it'll take the pictures I want! This could turn into an expensive hobby or should I say hobbies!

I look forward to reading all the expert posts and picking up a few crumbs of knowledge to store in my already crammed full to bursting brain.

Hello Freck59, and welcome to the. SGL Forum.

Being clueless is a good place to start, then you won't learn any bad stuff.:).

You will soon pick up what you need to know, and your son will benefit too, his Astronomy Scout Badge will be a doddle.

You can ask as many questions you care to, and then some more if you need to.

You will enjoy SGL, and it's crammed with some very knowledgable people.

Ron.:eek:

Archived