Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 Orion with a DSLR

Coolhandjo

I thought I would give this target a crack with the Moded Canon 350D.

This image was taken a few nights ago.

SWED80 Canon 350Da guided LX200 10"

5 x 6min, 5 x 3 min (tossed out 5 x 30 sec as it was still too bright for the core - should of went 15 sec)

ISO 400

Calibrated flats/Darks and stacked in DSS

High Res Version (way less noise) http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/t...alibrate-1.png

PS curves, levels, saturation

Comments welcome

Thanks for viewing

post-18323-133877420129_thumb.jpg

Very nicely captured and framed image :)

I couldn't resist a bit of a play!

Using levels, I equalised the background as you had a colour balance issue which showed up as 2 peaks on the histogram, so I reset the values to 20/20/20 in photoshop. This means an even aamount of red, green and blue, but by no means totally black (black is 0/0/0)

I then boosted the colour a bit using ....

IMAGE/ADJUSTMENTS.MATCH COLOUR

This boosts the colours that are already there without adding the colour noise that HUE/SATURATION can add.

I then went to IMAGE/ADJUSTMENTS.SELECTIVE COLOUR

This allows you to look at any particular colour, red, yellow, blue, magenta etc etc, and adjust the amout of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and black in that particular colour.

Play around with this, it's very powerful when used with layers masks.

The last thing I did was to remove the background gradient by selecting tha background only, and running a single pass of Russel Cromans' 'Gradient Xterminator' on it.

Cheers

Rob

post-14403-133877420285_thumb.jpg

Archived