Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium is my new best friend

spacetrace

Hey Guys

Im sure many of you are in the same boat, waiting for the skies to clear. I have spent so much time on stellarium and celestron the sky software just looking at what I am missing. Last week I recieved a moon filter, barlow lens, and a new eyepiece for my telescope and have not had chance to try them out. I dont think looking at the brick work of houses in the distance counts as observations!!! I am usually a patient person but hooowwwww lonnnggggg do I have to wait!!!! :) off to the library tomorrow to grab some astronomy books to keep me entertained whilst I wait.

Have you tried setting the laptop up with Stellarium running, then setting the scope up at the other end of the room, pointing it at the laptop and using your imagination?

And you realise that if we get our West Midlands meeting arranged, that'll be another night of guaranteed cloud....

I'm waiting for an eyepiece and a filter to arrive; it's delayed horrifically by FedEx as we live in a rural area hit hard by snow, but I'm actually not too concerned because for the past 8 days it's been grey cloud overhead. Constantly.

I've got fingers crossed for Sunday as it looks sunny during the day :)

Archived