Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sherwoods-Photo

jabba

Hi , Just used this company for the first time to buy my first scope. After some shopping around on the internet they came out with the best price for the telescope i was looking for (Celestron nexstar 4 SE) and offered free delivery.

The service was speedy and efficient with good communication. They contacted me to advise of a delay in delivery due to the heavy snow recently , but still managed to deliver my order in 3 days.

All round a trouble free transaction.

Telescopes | Binoculars | Night Vision | Birdwatching Binoculars | Astronomical Telescopes

• 4 months later...

Sherwoods were advertising The Celestron C100 EDR package for £395 including postage (this is still available by the way!) I decided to take advantage and placed an order on the thursday at about 5pm. The scope arrived on the monday in perfect condition. Absolute Bargin! They gave me a tracking number and was able to see that the delivery company had it at their delivery depot on the saturday but didn't do saturday deliveries! By far the fastest I've ever had any astro stuff delivered!

Steve

• 1 month later...

Along with FLO, i have found the above mentioned suppliers excellent and would recommend them. I have used all 3 suppliers within the past 2 months and they have all been prompt with superb comms.

I dare say between the 3 of them i will have no need to use another retailer for this great(and blumming expensive) hobby.

Well done guys.

Al

• 1 month later...

I ordered a CN16 GPS Kit for my NexStar 4SE late at night on 11th August. I received an automated e-mail saying order received.

Next morning I received a dispatch e-mail and today, 13th August I received my item Royal Mail special Delivery. What's more postage was FREE! :p

Great Service Sherwood!

I ordered other items for other suppliers at the same time. It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to deliver.

Clear Skies all!

Mark

• 6 months later...

Had a slewing problem with my Synscan AZ goto mount. Spoke to Matthew at Sherwood Telescopes (where I had bought it from) and he contacted Optical Vision Ltd. (the importers). He arranged with Robert at OVL that I should drop it off, as I live reasonably close.

Replacement came by Fedex the next day.

Now that IS good service!

My thanks to both Sherwood's and OVL.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hola,

Apart from Ebay and Amazon, I bought some of my heavy duty astronomy gear from either FLO or Sherwoods.

My last buy was from Sherwoods, and like FLO, the customer service was quite friendly. Delivery was exactly like I was told. Happy with the service and the product.

Oh, wait a minute, wasn't my last buy...I actually ordered an auto focuser from FLO yesterday after I bombarded Martin with a barrage of questions. He was kind and patient enough to answer all of them. Looking forward to receiving the item.

Thanks FLO and Sherwoods - happy customer here : )

IM

• 10 months later...

I'd like to thank Sherwoods Photo for their quality of service, Matt in particular - for t'was he I dealt with.

I had a few questions about the EQ5 mount that I'd decided on - needed to know a couple of things before I committed to buying new rather than used - the queries were quickly dealt with over the email, and on the one occasion my overenthusiasm got the the better of me and ended up with me calling instead, I got the answer I needed, resulting in my order - which was also dealt with quickly and effectively.

I have used them before - in fact my soon-to-be-retired Skyhawk 1145PM came from there almost 5 years ago (shop visit that time), and my SPC880NC webcam too - when these were still in circulation.

their site is simple, well laid out, and informative.

They are also to be recommended as their prices are very competitive!

The only reason I'm not having my OTA from them is that they don't carry that particular model! ;)

Archived