NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello Everyone

Virgoman

Hi All,

Just formally saying hello as a new recruit! Looking forward to learning a lot here and hopefully will help others. Have just taken delivery of a new C8 SCT after using a Meade ETX105 for a number of years. Little disappointed with the Celestron at the moment - see attached for image of albireo and compare to attached image obtained with ETX (bottom!!). Collimation out? This was how it was delivered - hope things improve as I have sold the ETX:crybaby2: Keep warm all - very foggy here at the moment and minus alot!

post-17649-133877418819_thumb.jpg

post-17649-133877418823_thumb.jpg

Hi Virgoman,

Welcome to SGL.

Another vote for collimation being out as well. I'm surprised its that far out though, as when I had my LX200 it arrived surprisingly in collimation and stayed that way for a very long time...:)

so if you have to do it, it should hold collimation very well.

Thankyou all for the warm welcome it is much appreciated. Yes, Rusty, D.Hinds Ltd thinks it is a collimation problem and is more often than not due to shipping - despite being marked fragile..... and I paid extra for delivery.......!!! Just waiting for it to warm up a bit here and for fog to clear so that I can actually see the sky. I think I may have a long wait. I hope collimation solves the problem so that I can really use it in anger!

Kind Regards, Ralph

Hi, Neil,

Had hope to be using the C8 right away and am disappointed at the images so far. Box was sealed and had no visible signs of abuse and I hope collimation sorts it out. I have never collimated a scope before. Is it easy? Was so used to the little ETX105 which was faultless the whole time I had it and was as sharp as a tack and I got some really nice images of the planets with it. I hope things improve.

Regards,

Ralph

• 2 weeks later...

Archived