Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi Guys, New astronomer needing help with CCD :)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi SkyExplorer, heres the link Crazy Cameras - Celestron NexImage Solar System Imager found it for £71.99 in the end. Bargin :)

Hi,

Id use caution with that site. Check out this link: Crazy Cameras - AVForums.com

Seems that while they do usually deliver, it can take forever. Most people just give up and ask for a refund, which can also be slow.

I know, i ordered one too! lol

Just updating you about the Celestron NexImage CCD Imager from crazy cameras... They shipped it within two working days and now its in the hands of DHL :) Got a tracking number and it left LA at 21:00 last night. Just thought id let you know SkyExplorer :) £40 extra from what ive saved to put towards some eyepieces now :mad:

Just updating you about the Celestron NexImage CCD Imager from crazy cameras... They shipped it within two working days and now its in the hands of DHL :) Got a tracking number and it left LA at 21:00 last night. Just thought id let you know SkyExplorer :eek: £40 extra from what ive saved to put towards some eyepieces now :D

Yeah, my camera arrived today, took 10 days, not quite what they promised, their customer service is abysmal, they never answer the phone, but the products do seem to come.

Im pretty sure they dont stock much, they literally order it as and when they get a customer order hence the delays and delaying tactics.

Id probably order from them again if there was a big difference in price

ah, maybe not as bad as it may seem, please post when you get the item.

I've been keeping an eye on the neximage on ebay for £87 just in case.

Thanks

Id give crazycameras a try, dont expect any replies from e-mails, btu you will likely get your item.

Yeh can be annoying expecting a delivery for days on end cant it.. Im having that problem with telescope planet at the minute. Anyone had problems with them before? Ive lost 2 days earnings due to waiting in for deliveries :) could have spent that on a bigger aperture lol ah well.. live and learn

• 2 weeks later...
i wish i had that budget Rob :) Was thinking more along the £500 mark but would go higher if it made a dramatic difference. Would like something with high resolution though.

Not that they come up very often, but you can buy a camera with the Sony 285 chip such as the Atik 16Hr/314L or Stalight Xpress H9 for about £500 - £600 (in fact there's a colour Atik on AB&S atm). Not the largest chip in the world (not even close really!) but still very nice cameras that will give you stunning results.

Tony..

if you see an Atik16HR or an H9 for £500 jump on it...more likely they go for £650-700, the H9's typically for more, as the 285 is one of the best chips ever made for noise floor/high QE(courtesy of the microlense system) etc. not huge, but when you can take 15 minute exposures without a dark frame, you kind of don't care

12 second DL time on the 16HR as apposed to the 1 second on the 314L and H9 was the only reason I upgraded. For Solar widefield (0.001s) it's a corker too.. form factor also on the H9 and 314L is better than the 16HR if you ever want to go down the Hyperstar route

Whatever though, blisteringly great camera/chip combo...not much can touch it

Yeh can be annoying expecting a delivery for days on end cant it.. Im having that problem with telescope planet at the minute. Anyone had problems with them before? Ive lost 2 days earnings due to waiting in for deliveries :) could have spent that on a bigger aperture lol ah well.. live and learn

I just bought my scope from them a few days ago. they said it would be next day delivery so i phoned them and said I would be working and gave them my mother inlaws address and it got sent there but only my scope arrived and am still waiting on my books and binoculars. sent them a reminder today no reply yet. i read a page on reviews on telescope planet and it was 50/50 really. hope you get in soon.

Archived