Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Coma Corrector

FLO

Following their focal reducers Skywatcher have today announced a new Skywatcher Coma Corrector designed for fast-ratio f/5 Newtonian Reflectors and Dobsonians.

skywatcher_coma_corrector.jpg

Compatible with all f5 Explorer, Skyliner and Flextube telescopes fitted with 2" focusers.

The price is keen, particularly when you consider that the price includes the necessary adapters for both visual use and imaging. You will however need an M48 adapter to suit your camera.

We will be making one available to SGL for a review.

... GSO likes to sell stuff to other companies branded as something else

This is not a GSO product. This new focal reducer is designed and manufactured by Skywatcher (Synta) in Skywatcher's own factories. The same is true for the Skywatcher focal-reducers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Greetings guys!

Beforehand - i'm sorry for my terrible english, i don't study it in school.

But at least i hope you'll understand what i'm tryin' to ask. :)

Almost 2 months i've read russian astro forums and collecting and compiling info.

Now i've buyed SW 200\1000 PDS Explorer, SW EQ6 ProSynScan, Meade HD-60 4.5 eyepiece.

Now i'm searching for cheap, but working coma cor. And as you already understand now i choose between SW CC and Baader MPCC.

As i see from first images MPCC works better, because images taken with SW CC shows big aspheric distorsion. At least it's "heavier" than with MPCC.

And now i don't know what to buy, there's not much rewievs of SW CC...

What can you advice?

PS. I can buy MPCC for about 120$ and SW CC for 110$.

Archived