Narrowband

FLO - Sending anything out @ the mo?

Hi guys,

Ive just ordered my first AP rig from FLO via the net, I tried to call but the office is closed until the 4th Jan. Do you think they have some sort of back-room skeleton staff to take care of any orders in the meantime? Or is everyone off?

If thats the case then it will probably be at least a week before I see anything..... patience is a virtue and the stars arent about to run away so i'd better chill...lol. Easier said than done! :hello2:

Thanks for the quick response guys :hello2:

Its cool, Im ok with waiting till the 4th (its definitely worth it) - is it overnight delivery? Just so I know when to listen out for the knock at the door.

I wasnt as lucky as you guys cos having Xmas off wasnt really an option where I used to work, always suckered into doing the Xmas shift :) apart from this year cos I was made redundant a few months ago. However, I was lucky enough to find a new job just before xmas (what a relief!!).

I dont start until the 11th, so I might have time to squeeze in a session or two if the weather is kind.

Btw: The setup i chose was the Skywatcher 150P OTA + CG5 GT mount + a few other bits. At £499 for the mount its impossible to say no! I decided to mix & match with the OTA because the focuser is much better on the 150P (crayford 2" w/ built in T-adapter) than the one on the C6-N (plain r+p). With this setup, I should have headroom in terms of weight just in case I want to add to an ST80 guidescope later on.

Phew! Ive only just realised (from reading other posts) that VAT goes back up to 17.5% on Jan 1st (lucky escape!), so its best to order NOW before its too late. From now on I will be recommending FLO to any of my friends who wish to get into astro stuff. :)

Archived