Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Max fps with USB/ Firewire 21 DMK ??

beamish

Those of you with 21 DMK models, just what exactly are the best Fps rates you've achieved either thru a lappy or PC that you've found of any worth ?

decisions, decisions !

I just want to be sure of what I may be missing out on/ whether I'm better off adding more loot and getting something else-still researching.

USB 2.0. Laptop IBM X41T tablet 1.6ghz 1.5gb ram, capturing software i c capture AS2.1. I normally shot 1000 frame AVIs and these take about 19 seconds to complete.

After I typed the above I have done a little unscientific experiment. I set the capture rate at 60fps and made a number of short ( 10 second ) captures. All the captures took approximately 13.5 to 14.5 seconds to complete, but all have a duration of 9 seconds according to Windows.

Peter.

600 frames captured according to registax

I have re-read my earlier post. I actually set the capture rate to 600 frames at 60 fps. The capture time varied between 13.5 and 14.5 seconds over the 6 captures I made. The number of frames captured according to registax is 600, so no frames dropped. The duration of the videos according to windows is 9 seconds.

Peter

Archived