Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone here willing to help me test my project?

larrylart

Thank you! What OS do you use? Let me know where is crashing in what process ... a screenshot might help. Also if it's crashing in the process of plate solving if you can email me the image you are trying to solve along with the catalog you use and hints if set will be great.

I'm at work atm, but I'll sort out all the detail later for you. The machine I tested on is a Windows XP media centre edition laptop. From memory I added a jpeg image of the NGC7000 area, selected it and then asked for it to be solved. I used all default settings, and didn't give any hints.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From memory I added a jpeg image of the NGC7000 area, selected it and then asked for it to be solved. I used all default settings, and didn't give any hints.

Please email me that image. My guess is that the default wont work, you will probably need to select a bigger catalog like tycho2 and provide a hint since probably the image is at focal > 100mm. It will probably work without a hit as all as well but you will have to increase the number of zoom steps and it might take a very long time to find the fit.

Larry

A new version has been released with:

- updated the star common names list with a better one

- added extension files one and two to tycho2

- added map for common names with tycho2

- fixed 2mass catalog names display error

- fixed show/hide all objects from menu->view objects

- fixed search in spiral - which is now set default as it's faster (instead of swipe)

- added a simple method to check/notify on updates

- some minor bug fixes

Also, note that now there is a forum on the site to discuss more in depth the technical problems.

Larry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update:

My pc decided to crash on me completly two weeks ago and no matter what under-clocking I did wont work so I bought new hard and better :) I am now running windows 7 x64 :D

1: Build numbers

All from now will be numbered.

2: Implementation in Windows 7

Since from now on I will continue the development on windows 7 all problems on this platform will be solved. I already solved some issues related to images not loading (which in xp worked with no problem)

3: Documentation?

Here I have't did much progress lately only a small tutorial on plate solving which I haven't yet uploaded on the site.

I will have a new realease in two weeks time or sooner.

Larry

• 2 months later...

I don't know why but I can never get this program to detect something. I'm now trying with this picture (60MB TIFF!!):

www.yesyesserver.co.uk/astro/Sadr_ps_1.TIF

The bright star in the middle is Sadr.

Do I understand this correctly that the program does plate solving and it should detect and label the stars/objects in the image?

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to configure as a hint. So I'm trying without a hint.

Archived