Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

All Heart with a bit of soul

GordonH

Hi

This is another of the first images that I have managed to get with the FSQ106 and Astrodon filters, I was hoping to get both the Heart and Soul Nebulae together in one shot but couldn't quite fit them both in so I will be doing separate widefield colour shots at a later date. This is 12x20 minutes with a 5nm Ha filter. The moon was nearly full and fairly high when this was taken almost 2 weeks ago. The 20 minute subframes are certainly helping to bring out more detail. I ahve had several attempts at this subject, both in Ha and tri-colour narrow band with different scope and camera combinations but all previous ones were with 10 minute exposures, these can be seen in the image gallery of my website Imaging The Heavens - Home Page

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877415233_thumb.jpg

It'd make an awesome mosaic Gordon if you can find the time.

The 20 min subs really make a difference with Ha dont they? The dark structures really start to sharpen up, and the really faint stuff often lost in noise shows it boundaries nicely. Great shot, was this with the H36?

Archived