NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

An Idea to help focus your camera without a laptop

As im new to Astrophotography and just adding to my gear as funds allow, im trying to image using my Panasonic fz28 affocally through my Skywatcher 80ed pro.

As most of you already realise, using the screen on the rear of the camera is nigh on impossible to achieve focus even with manual focus and with the pre focus enlarged.

Untill i have enough funds, i was resigned to struggling with this kit untill i bought a laptop etc.....then came an idea!:D

On my camera i have an AV out port so i can view any pics or vids taken, on the TV...Bingo! took the tv out the back, hooked the camera up to it and now i have a 28" screen to achieve focus instead of the 2.5" on the camera!:icon_eek:

I also have a HD lead out on the other side of the camera but i havent yet got the lead to ty it, but i can only assume it will be even better

Now if anyone has a spare portable tv with AV jacks on it that they'd like to give me, you can save me carrying a large backed 28" TV in and out of the house, and my missus staring at the wall while im out the back with the TV set!!:eek::D (ps, she doesnt find this post in the slightest bit humourous!!:))

Archived