Merlin66

TheThing

At lunchtime I had the great pleasure and honour to meet with Merlin66, aka Ken. I popped round to his place to drop off a RAF he bought from me and he very kindly showed me his scopes and spectropscopy equip.

Ken has probaly forgotten more about astronomy than I'll ever know! He is vastly knowledgable and very handy at building and repairing stuff. I could have talked to him all afternoon, but work beckoned! He has some fantastic stuff and his simple, but effective roll off observatory has given me plans for the summer. I learnt more in an hour than in months of reading.

Thanks for your time Ken. I'll be back to visit soon!

I'll add a bit more praise.

I bought an OAG from him. Via numerous emails, he patiently explained the pros and cons of OAGs in general and the specifics of the one he was selling. Finally, he held the OAG for me since I needed to check the dimensions of some other kit I was waiting on.

Well done and thanks Ken.

Mike

Archived