NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

7" skywatcher maks on the way

Does look interesting Gordon i wonder what they will charge us in the UK for the scope?, it amazes me how little i read about people owning the 6" Mak's seems there not too popular or is it me?

Good find.

James :D

I wonder if it is the long cool down time that Maks are reputed to need that puts people off owing them ?. I believe, presumably because of the mass of the glass involved, that Maks need longer that other scopes. In these days of grab and go that could be an important factor.

John,

North Somerset.

899 new from david hinds. Doubt you'll see them on the second hand market soon.

Seems a bargin really as the CG5's are £650 so the OTA is only £250 in theory. Will be nice when they hit the second hand market...

$1159 in Canada, before sales tax, or £600 taxes included. You can make a claim to recover the taxes once you export the scope. This is why you should come to a starparty in Canada. The money you save would pay your ticket.

899 new from david hinds. Doubt you'll see them on the second hand market soon.

If you're talking about the C6 XLT, there's one on ebay at the moment (£200 - 2 days left) ... I was going to keep quiet about it and go for it myself, but it's the scope only so I'd have to buy a mount as well which would put it out of my price range I think. :D

What confuses me is that according to the David Hinds website the OTA is £599, and the OTA + CG5 mount is £649 - I'm really confused...

Archived